Thank you for your interest in our adoptable pets. As our shelter is closed to walk-in traffic during the COVID-19 pandemic, all adoptions are by appointment only. Please follow our simple guidelines:
- Please complete the following application, making sure to include the pet’s name.
- You will receive a confirmation email when the application is received. If you do not receive an email, your application has not been received.
- An Española team member will schedule you for an appointment to meet the pet.
- Applications are first-come, first-served in the order they are received.
- Appointments are scheduled by first availability.
- There may be multiple applications for the same pet; a submitted application does not reserve the pet for the applicant.
The Española Valley Humane Society is a nonprofit organization that relies on private donations and its own fundraising abilities to operate. The adoption fees help to offset some of the costs of providing care for the animals and preparing them for placement into new homes. Adoption fees vary from $25 to $200; average adoption fees for an adult cat or dog at the shelter are $45, and for a small breed dog, puppy or kitten, $85.
All adoption fees include a pet’s spay/neuter surgery, a microchip, and age-appropriate vaccinations.
Please review our adoption contract before filling out the application form below.
Thank you for your interest in adopting from us! Our goal is to help you find a friend for life. With that in mind, please answer the application’s questions as honestly as possible.