The Manager of Lifesaving Operations oversees Española Humane’s lifesaving programs, including adoptions, foster care, transport and intake diversion. The Manager will collaborate with volunteers, animal care teams and program coordinators to achieve the lifesaving mission. The Manager will report directly to the Director of Operations.
The Manager embraces a progressive, proactive and creative approach to maximize every available opportunity for successful placement and outcome. Our lifesaving work prioritizes client engagement over screening and barrier-centric approaches and as the Manager, this position oversees those endeavors from a high level, with a team that is aligned with similar goals and outlook.
The Manager is enthusiastic, well-organized and people- and lifesaving oriented. The Lifesaving Operations Manager is committed to a continuous improvement culture, constantly learning and evolving to better serve the pets, as well as implementing industry-leading processes. He/she has a strong desire to help people and pets, with a commitment to lifesaving programs and services. He/she facilitates departmental communication through coordinated efforts regarding pets in the shelter’s care and community engagement.
Overall leadership and oversight of lifesaving programs, including setting and meeting Service Level Agreements, maintaining a high level of customer service and expanding key relationships and partnerships.
- Community Outreach
- Develop and support relationships that are critical to furthering Española Humane’s mission, i.e. supporters, fosters, rescues, community members
- Engage with the public and community as a resource for pet information and owner support
- In coordination with the Marketing/Communications Team, monitor and coordinate marketing strategies of available pets through social media, website and any other communications channels
- Lead and mentor direct reports and team to create an open and judgment-free environment to better serve the shelter’s pets and supporters
- Model and promote a staff culture that is friendly, outgoing and collaborative
- Provide oversight and direction to direct reports for successful program operations
- Identify volunteer opportunities, develop training modules and integrate trained volunteers for program growth and success
- Develop, implement and execute programs to further the shelter’s lifesaving goals
- Program reporting
- Program data management
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in a managerial role ideally completed through work at an animal nonprofit or rescue organization.
- Strong ability to serve as staff leader and mentor; excellent supervision and staff/volunteer support skills with proven ability to work with different work styles and to facilitate clear communication.
- Ability to build alliances with community organizations and agencies.